Rosie and I went to shoot baskets at the Y with her cousin. He’s a senior in high school and almost as much of a hot tamale as Mark. He was so cool with us–not like Chris gets sometimes when he decides he’s too cool to be around a 7th grader. He showed me a cool way to dribble behind my back to keep the ball away from the defense.
Things That are Good (Unless I Jinx It)
- Rosie’s cousin was nice to me.
- Mark didn’t treat me like a dork after the whole staring thing on Tuesday
- Jilly is coming to the championship game tomorrow night. I guess she’s coming with Bus Boy and a bunch of other kids from her track.
Things That Are Freaking Me Out
- Chris is coming to the game tomorrow night. He has only been to two games (both in the finals).
- He’s bringing some friends from his basketball team. Yikes!
- Mom and Dad are videotaping the whole game–with 2 cameras in 2 different places–what is this, the WNBA (I wish)
- The entire school is probably going to be at this game because the girls’ team has not been in the championship for like 10 yrs or something.
I can’t stand the pressure…maybe I’ll go hide in the RV.